ZD Technology Haiku Contest - Closed
April 30, 2009 - The contest is now closed to submissions. Thank you to everyone that has entered and remember to come back during the week of May 4th to vote for you favorite haiku.
We are excited to announce our superstar panel of judges who will be choosing the top ten for you to vote on. The judges are:
Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO of Salesforce.com
Beth Kanter, Blogger, Trainer, and Consultant to nonprofits
Jerry Yang, Founder of Yahoo!
Akiko Yamazaki, Philanthropist, Trustee, SF Asian Art Museum
ZeroDivide is happy to announce the “ZD Technology Haiku Contest.”
As a fun way to promote the use of social media and other technology tools in our communities, we invite you to submit a technology themed Haiku on behalf of a nonprofit organization for a chance to win them a grant up to $2,000. Haiku’s may be submitted on three different platforms:
1. ZeroDivide Facebook Page – If you are on Facebook, please post your Haiku on our discussion board, http://tinyurl.com/ZD-discussion-board
2. Twitter – Please submit in reply to @ZeroDivideorg, with #haiku
3. ZD Blog - Comment on this blog post
Please include the organization name and your city and state with your Haiku
Submissions are accepted from Monday, April 13 –
Thursday, April 23.
**Deadline Extended - Submissions now accepted through Thursday, April 30 at 5pm
A panel of technology superstar judges will select the top 10 Haikus and we’ll post them to our website, www.zerodivide.org. Vote for your favorite from May 6 through May 15.
Winners will be announced the week after voting ends.
1st Place - Haiku featured on our website and included in our newsletter. The designated organization will receive a $2,000 grant.
2nd and 3rd place - The designated organizations will each receive a $1,000 grant.
1. Must be in the form of a Haiku, which consists of three lines: 5/7/5 syllables
2. The Haiku must be technology themed.
E.g. Mobile apps, wireless, social media, e-democracy tools, etc.
3. The Haiku must be submitted on behalf of a nonprofit organization in the United States in alignment with our foundation’s mission. *
- The organization must serve low income and other underserved communities in the United States and leverage technology in an innovative way.
- If you don’t know of an organization, feel free to review our list of investments and submit on behalf of the organization you like. Check out our investment page, http://zerodivide.org/investments/portfolio
4. You may submit up to 5 Haikus
Examples of how to submit your Haiku
On Facebook or Blog:Student Activists
see an injustice about
text “organize now”
on behalf of [Insert organization name]
[Insert your City, State]
@ZeroDivideorg Energy in air/technology connects us/can you hear me now #haiku [insert organization name] [your city, state if you have space]
Please share this contest with your friends, families, and networks
Ready, Set, Haiku!
*Organization must be a 501(c)3, incorporated in the United States.