ZeroDivide is a mission-driven consulting organization that stays true to its original philanthropic purpose of helping communities transform through technology.
We provide technology adoption and field-building services to clients and also design technology-rich initiatives that hold promise for national impact.
We have 15 years of demonstrated success working with our partners to improve economic opportunities, civic engagement and health for low-income and culturally diverse communities.
ZeroDivide’s work is grounded in the following values, through which we approach all of our projects.
- Leadership: ZeroDivide is committed to both being a leader in the field while also empowering the people whom we serve to lead within their communities. Drawing from our independence, ZeroDivide is able to act as an unbiased, trusted source.
- Equity: This value lies at the core of ZeroDivide’s mission: we believe all people should have access to technology, and through its use the benefits and opportunities it provides.
- Cultural Competence: Founded by and for diverse communities, ZeroDivide knows how to operate within various cultures, and understands what drives various cultures.The great respect we have for our communities means we can work effectively with them and provide the help to develop the best solutions to complex problems.
- Collaboration: ZeroDivide is committed to true partnership with our clients and the communities served. This is central to our role as a successful intermediary.
- Experimentation: ZeroDivide is willing to take risks, and then learn from our mistakes and successes. In this way, we are highly innovative, recognizing and testing our own ideas and the new thinking and tools of others.
- Community of Practice: ZeroDivide is dedicated to supporting a robust ecosystem of funders, nonprofits, businesses and government entities dedicated to helping leverage technology to create sustainable, engaged and healthy communities.
We are also proud to serve as fiscal agent for and co-working space partner with Renaissance Journalism. The organization was created in 2009 in partnership with us as we experimented with incubating new entities, and currently exists as a program of San Francisco State University’s Department of Journalism. Renaissance Journalism provides training, technical assistance, consultation and grants to journalists and organizations that share the organization's passion for media innovations that strengthen communities. Learn more at renjournalism.org.
We are based in the tech-heart of San Francisco, CA but our projects and work have a national reach. If you would like to support our work and the impact we seek, please consider making a donation.